Monday, October 18, 2010

The 30 day blog challenge - Day 04

List 15 songs that represent your life’s soundtrack


I realized I’m still far from day 30 of this 7th rule yet I promised to finish this before the year ends.  So excuse me while I kinda rush into this. Haha! Here goes Day 04. :)

Here’s how this will work: I’m gonna share the 15 songs that went on top of my head as I tried to squeeze out the “soundtracks” of my life. I will also try and categorize them according to whatever I so damn please.  Plus, let me include my favorite lines from the song. ;-)

Here you go:

When I’m having a bad day:

#1 Bad Day by Daniel Powter (of course! lol)
‘Cause you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride
#2 Boston by Augustana
I think I'll go to Boston...
I think I'll start a new life,
I think I'll start it over, where no one knows my name,
I'll get out of California, I'm tired of the weather,
I think I'll get a lover and fly him out to Spain...
I think I'll go to Boston,
I think that I'm just tired
I think I need a new town, to leave this all behind...
I think I need a sunrise, I'm tired of the sunset,
I hear it's nice in the Summer, some snow would be nice...
#3 Please don’t stop the Rain by James Morrison
I don’t know where I crossed the line
Was it something that I said
Or didn’t say this time?

When my heart is breaking:

#4 Faint by Linkin Park
So, I let go watchin' you, turn your back
Like you always do, face away and pretend that I'm not
But I'll be here 'cause you are all that I've got
#5 My Favorite Mistake by Sheryl Crow
Did you know when you go it's the perfect ending,
to the bad day I'd gotten used to spending.
When you go, all I know is you're my favorite mistake
You're my favorite mistake.
#6 Kasalanan by 6cyclemind
Sa iyo lahat ay paharang dahil ayaw mong magparaya
Habang siyay bigay ng bigay at ipinauubaya lahat ng
Makakabuti kahit na pang huling butil ay iaabot sa iyo.
Parang ikay isang inutil na hindi nagiisip wala kang
Nararamdaman subukan mang pumikit wala kang
Natatandaan lagi mong inaalala ang para lamang sa yo
Walang iba kundi ikaw at kailanmay walang kayo
Mapalad ka kung hihingan mo ng tawad ay nagagalit
Ikay sasaktan at sumisigaw ng salitang pumupunit kaysa
Pilit mong kausapin ay di na sasagot akapin
Man ng mahigpit ay di mo na maabot (Patawad)
#7 Lightyears Away by Mozella
It's almost like you had it planned
It's like you smiled and shook my hand
And said
"Hey, I'm about to screw you over big time"
And what was I supposed to do
I was stuck in between you
In a hard place
We won't talk about
The hard place

When drowning in love:

#8 Today was a Fairy Tale by Taylor Swift
Today was a fairytale
You've got a smile that takes me to another planet
Every move you make, everything you say is right
Today was a fairytale
#9 Things I'll Never Say by Avril Lavigne
If I could say what I want to say
I'd say I want to blow you--away
Be with you every night
Am I squeezing you too tight?
If I could see what I want to see
I want to see you go down--on one knee
Marry me today
Guess I'm wishing my life away
With these things I'll never say

On Life:

#10 Always Love by Nada Surf
Slow demands come 'round
Squeeze the air and keep the rest out
It helps to write it down
Even when you then cross it out
But Always Love, Hate will get you every time
Always Love even when you want to fight
#11 I Hope you Dance by Lee Ann Womack
Don't let some hell-bent heart leave you bitter
When you come close to selling out reconsider
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance

When reminiscent of friends:

#12 Kanlungan by Noel Cabangon
Lumilipas ang panahon
Kabiyak ng ating gunita
Ang mga puno't halaman
Bakit kailangang lumisan?
#13 On the side of me by Corrinne May
I'm not the easiest person to love
I'm often the one who lets things go unresolved
Yet you choose to be
On the side of me

On loving myself:

#14 Don't Rain on my Parade by Glee Cast/Barbara Streisand

Don't tell me not to fly--
I've simply got to.
If someone takes a spill,
It's me and not you.
Who told you you're allowed
To rain on my parade!

My Favorite Videoke Song, haha!:

#15 Linger by Cranberries
But I'm in so deep, you know I'm such a fool for you
You got me wrapped around your finger
Do you have to let it linger
Do you have to, do you have to
Do you have to let it linger

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails