Thursday, September 30, 2010

a Blog with Substance Award

Taking a break from all the rules


First and foremost, I would like to express my sincerest gratitude to Sinthea (I'm really confused with the real spelling of her name, but I prefer to use Sinthea :)) of Quintessence for giving me the Blog with Substance Award.

If my guess is correct, I am not supposed to give the award back to her, but if I could, I definitely would.  Visit her blog and fall in love with her writing prowess.

With this award, comes great a responsibility.  I'm now supposed to define my blogging motivation, experience and philosophy in five words.  Okay, now... here goes.

1. Passion.  I've been trying to define how my love for writing started and what made it grow. But I've already hit the "backspace" button a number of times, and if it could speak it probably would be cursing on me right now,  what the heck, I just can't.  All I know is that I've been jotting down my thoughts ever since my subject-verb agreement and word usage were a mess (not that I'm a pro now, but I'm okay, right? Haha!).  I don't know, maybe I'm just fascinated with words and how, by playing with them, you could create an art work that could touch somebody's life. :)

2. Audience.  I am not an attention-whore but I feel a little tickle inside when I know people read my posts.  So when I receive a comment from you, it gears me up.  So maybe I am.  An attention-whore.  Just a wee bit.  Haha!  I just love it when people relate to my ramblings.  It makes me want to share more. :)

3. Enhancement.  I know practice won’t make my writing perfect, but at least it will do something to improve it.  I mentioned in Rule #4 of how envious I was am of those bloggers who write as if they were born to do it.  I was discouraged back then, thinking I could never be like them.  But I know better now, and instead of sitting in the self-inferiority chair, I am taking this envy to use it as a fuel to take me to the road of improvement fast.

4. Passage.  I am a drama queen and I know (and it sucks) that I don’t always have someone to tolerate my rants.   I know people around me don’t always have the time to listen to me, console me or concur with all the things I want to talk about.  Hence, this blog – where I rule and where everyone is free to agree, disagree and most importantly, listen to what I would have to say.

5. Legacy.  If you may have noticed, I didn’t use this blog to narrate every freakin’ day of my life.  Though I could have done that, I chose not to.  Instead, I let the experience be it. What I do is get its fruits, take whatever lesson I learned from it, convert it to a “rule” and apply it to my life.  Oh! And share it to the world, too (the world?!?!?!). Haha! Kidding aside, I really really hope this blog lives on until I am no more.

Next task: Spread the love.

I’m supposed to pass it on to 10 blogs.  But I don’t wanna push myself to find 10 and don’t mean it.  So here are the few chosen ones:







<3

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails