Sunday, December 19, 2010

MY CHRISTMAS WISH THIS YEAR: A NOKIA C7

Dear Nokia C7,


First of all, let me give you a quick history of my cellphone-dependent life.


My first ever cellphone was a Nokia 3210, I was in high school back then.  My Kuya Jimmy literally had to break his thriftbox (alkansya) just to buy me that.  He knows I want a cellphone so bad so the five peso coins he religiously collected, he selflessly gave away just to buy one.  It was bought second hand though, but I didn’t mind, I was just happy I finally had one.


 

My second cellphone was a Nokia 3310.  I think the 3210 died of old age that’s why I needed a new one.  The 3310 was a hand over phone; it was originally from my kuya, yes, the same kuya who bought the first one.  But this phone was sort of damaged already.  The battery was short lived and I don’t exactly remember its other issues, but I remember wanting a new one to replace it.



One unfortunate day, Kuya Jimmy let me borrow his Nokia 3315 because I was going to be out of town that day.  I needed a mode of communication that would function for a whole day so he generously handed it to me.  But as it was an unfortunate day, the 3315 disappeared. L  It wasn’t snatched, I wasn’t victimized by a hold-up, it just disappeared.  I don’t know why and I don’t know how but it vanished from my possession.  Kuya was very angry when he found out and I was very sorry.  I had no cellphone for some time because of that incident. Being a text addict at the time, I was really frustrated.



Eventually, he gave me a new cellphone.  Well, not really “new” as it was again second hand, but I loved it.  It was a Sony Ericsson K300i.  My first colored phone.  This was given to him by his girlfriend but after a lot of “insisting sessions” to convince him to give it to me, he eventually gave in.  He’s never the type to get interested with luxurious phones anyway, so the hand off was not that painful on his side.  But this phone has damages too; the incoming calls cannot be heard!!!  Well, it could be with the use of a headphone, but it’s very irritating to have to connect the headset each time the phone rings.  Still I loved that phone nevertheless.  But it seemed to have not loved me back as it failed to boot one very awful day, that day being my birthday. L  It was really frustrating.




The next phone was handed to me by another sibling, my ate Lala.  A Nokia 8250.  Ate must have been a very neat owner for it was at the time the phone with the least defects I ever had.  The batteries are working well, the audio works fine too.  The only problem was it’s too tiny.  The keypad is so small and so hard to press; I remember a tiny callus had formed on my right thumb back then.  I wasn’t sure na of how this phone got out of my ownership, but the next phone I had was a handover from my father naman.


 

A Sony Ericsson T230.  This one also had problems, of course.  The audio in works fine, I can perfectly hear the person on the other side of the line.  But he cannot hear me, haha!  In short, the mouthpiece is the one with defect.  I remember I was applying for an OJT position then and I wasn’t accepted to my dream company because of this phone.  I was almost hired but I missed a lot of calls, well I got to answer them, but no conversations occurred, just me shouting “HELLO” over and over again, still unaware of the defective mouthpiece, so I guess they just dropped me from the list. L


My first cellphone that is not “second hand” was no other than a China Phone Hahaha! (oooops, I didn't find a picture that looked exactly like the one I had)  I’m sorry, we’re not well off and that’s what my Ate Lala could afford at the time, so I gladly accepted it.  Plus I was itching to lose the T230 so I actually didn’t mind what phone will replace it, I didn’t care if it was China.

My cellphone now is a Nokia 2700.  This is by far the most decent one I have ever had.  Haha.  But, as usual, it is also a hand over phone.  This is originally my ate lala’s, she applied for a Sun Cellular Plan and this is the free handset she got.  She brought it to Singapore, thinking that she will use Sun’s international roaming technology to keep in touch.  But she found out that it is so expensive to a point that she exceeded the maximum of her credit limit.  She had another phone so she technically wouldn’t need this if not for its original purpose, and since she found a cheaper way of communicating with us (I think it was Smart’s sister company in SG), she gave this to me and I had to continue paying for the plan.


In summary, I already had seven cellphones.  Six of them were second hand; one was brand new, the brand being China.  So do I deserve a new phone?  YES.  And I deserve the best.

It is really in my list of to-buys, a new phone.  But it is yet in the bottom for I have not yet found the perfect one that fits my taste and my needs.  Oh no, scratch that, that was before I found you C7 and now that I did, I want you so bad.

Why?  You do not know why?  Oh gosh… If you could only see yourself the way I see you.  How can I not love you?

You are so sleek and your stylish design fits the kikay in me.

It’s not that 8 GB of internal memory isn’t enough, but I can actually expand your memory up to 40 GB by adding a Micro SD mc of 32 GB!  More music, more pictures, more movies for me!

I can connect to the web and with friends, whenever, wherever, with your Wi-Fi network positioning!


Although I have a digicam, I don’t always bring it and I miss a lot of picturesque moments without it.  But with you and your 8 MP camera, I don’t think I still would for you would enable me to capture moments and sceneries in high resolution, even without my camera!

My workplace is one and a half hour away from our house and the everyday commuting really bores me.  I see other people not minding the travel time for they have a gadget similar to you to accompany them.  I get envious everytime.  If I had you, I could also do what they do.  I could listen to thousands of music, I could watch videos and movies, and I could play different games while stuck in traffic.  


I could DO all these with you.
I could BE all these with you.

If only you would be mine, Nokia C7.

My hands are waiting for you,
Jaq

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails